View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 01:56 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
wow leta, is yours one of those computerized long arms? I lust after one of those but I don't have the room.
No, I don't have a computer for my longarm. I drafted this first on paper, then did the same (mostly) design on the quilt. I learned a great deal of the process for this from Lisa Calle's "Mastering the Mini - Wholecloth, That Is", as well as her "Divide and Design" DVD's.
I learned SO MUCH doing this, that I attempted another. The first wholecloth had 100% cotton contrasting thread (on purpose - I wanted to SEE where I needed the most improvement) and only one layer of batting. The second one, I used silk thread in a neutral color, and two layers of batting - one layer 100% cotton and the second layer was a silk/poly blend. One of the biggest things I learned on the second one is to NOT use the blue pounce chalk (which you can see some of it in the pic below) - I didn't think I was EVER going to get it out!!

Thank you so much for your complimentary words, ladies!!

Here's a partial pic of my second wholecloth, but I don't count it in my 2016 UFO's as I finished it in December. O
Attached Thumbnails 20150228_141618.jpg