View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 07:47 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Mickey2 View Post
Tammi; an entire year and still stuck has to be a record, and I hope annf doesn't have to compete with yours ;- )
What type of oils have you used? As I mentioned; some times just switching to something different helps. The explanation mightbe as the first oil gets to do it's work and when something else get't to take over, working slightly differently, things happen. I hope your Gritzner loosens up after next round of oil and wiggeling. In my case machines have unstuck by soaking in oil over night; in one case it took me four days to get a machine running smoothly, repeated applications of oil and turning the hand wheel did the job. It was just dried up oil and grime causing the sluggishness, hard to pin it down to any specific part.

I like Miriam's advice on tilting the machne over, side ways, even up side down. Those horizontal rods under the base can be very hard to get oil into, I'm not even sure there's oil spots officially in the manual, but I have studied them and it looks like there's one metal piece running through an outer one; in other words metal moving against metal, not a solid piece made in one casting. Make sure the oil seeps into the oil points, and in cases like these I oil generously, deliberate over oiling. I like the wooden case with kitchen paper or old rags before I start.
I really hope annf doesn't have to compete either. I have a line on some Kroil - at least I know who sells it in town now. That's half the battle.

We've tried tri-flow, fluid film, PB Blaster, SeaFoam's Deep Creep, WD-40 (no decals or finish to worry about), rubber mallet, pleading, begging, bargaining, some really bad language...

She's been laid on her back, tipped onside, hung like a bat...

I found this interesting too:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=59511 A comparison of the torque require to break a nut/bolt loose with several different penetrating oils.