View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 03:34 AM
miriam
Power Poster

I remember that machine and the place I found it... I was overwhelmed with that one. Out of 62 machines that was one of the worst. There was one fancy Kenmore in worse shape - I left it in that barn... When you store things even in bad conditions a case can prevent a lot of that kind of mess. I don't think it was left in the rain but it was in a big barn with no door so same thing... It was the same barn that I found a Singer 15 blackline all rusted up - it isn't the prettiest but I got it working. The table was a pile of sticks but I saved it for the hardware... Other machines were ok but there was a lot of mold on broken tables - I left them to be burned... I did learn a lot with that many machines to unfreeze or otherwise make work. The other barns were weather tight for the most part. I got the left overs from a giant hoarder yard sale just before the property sale closed. It took two days to haul all those machines. We got 62 machines hauled in our van & I'm thinking we had 30 or 40 tables in there between the two loads. I'm thinking we might have driven out of our way to avoid hills... There were 3 barns full. The machines were on the bottom of the piles and the "good" ones already sold...well so they said... The family didn't know there were sewing machines in there the first year. one family member kept trying to give me old bowling balls...

Last edited by miriam; 01-28-2016 at 03:41 AM.