Old 01-28-2016, 09:09 AM
Breeze141

I would have to say that my sewing machine hobby colors my other interests. It wasn't always like that tho. I've been riding motorcycles since I was big enough to climb up on my Dad's bike and hold on. A change in my health has brought me to the point that I slowed down a lot and now have more free time to fill. I've found working on sewing machines to be a great way to fill my time and a stress reliever. I've always been mechanically inclined and all those gears and levers inside a machine just fascinate me.

Yeah I definitely got plenty of snickers and laughs in the beginning when I first started. For some reason being a biker and messing with sewing machines doesn't seem to be a combination people can comprehend. I'm living proof that ANYONE can be bitten by the "bug" LOL After a while my "brothers" in the club began to see a practical side to it. "Oh, you need some patches sewn on your vest?" or "Sure, I can put a hem in those chaps for you." If you really want to see something awkward walk up to a biker with a measuring tape in your hand and measure his inseam!

Sorry for such a long post for my first one. I look forward to learning from all the experience that everyone shares here.