View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 06:38 PM
sewblessed5

Hi Laura,
Good for you finding a 101, I have two and they are my favorite machines, smooth and the very best straight stitch you will find! I am not sure I can help you much with the rewiring, mine haven't needed it. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think you could use the potted motor information from the 201. Why do you want to change the knee control to a foot pedal? The knee control works well and I think you would like it if you haven't tried it yet. Here is a link to the owner's manual and the adjuster's manual which should have what you need for wiring. http://ismacs.net/free-sewing-machin...ls-list.html#S

The best oil for your machine is Tri-Flow, which is available from Sew Classic.

Here is a story about my 101. When we first got it the knee control wiring needed some fixing. My husband had his head down in the cabinet, and the machine was tipped back. He said "Tell me when it is running". It was running, but so quiet and smooth he couldn't hear it from 6 inches away! Congratulations on your 101, they are the most refined and beautiful of the Singers I think!
Tami