View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 03:59 AM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

I have only made a few small pieces for my practice, but I would like to work on a bigger full size block. I guess I will go slowly with it so hopefully it will turn out decent.

I hope someday some one starts a paper piecing swap again that I might join in order to push my self a bit. There use to be one where it seems like they were doing some paper piecing sometimes even wonky piecing, and other themes, but it looked fun. I didn't know enough then to join in. I am still practicing now, but I am getting it a bit better.

Each time I finish one and it looks decent I feel so proud of it.

I don't mind so far when it comes to pulling the paper off. I know that some of you that do a lot of pp look for simpler ways of doing your papers and either pulling them off or using the freezer paper method. I don't think I could attempt that method until this regular one I began becomes easy to me.

I started with the basic paper piecing book by Carol Doak, and it had the heart pattern, and some pages in it to use.
Then I have looked at many videos and will save the ones that more clicked for me.

I have learned as a beginner to sew past the line a couple of stitches, and also if I do a back stitch it helps when I go to pull of the paper.