View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 08:32 PM
CMARAS1234

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
On our local TV news, the "law" is chasing out a dozen or so people out of a homeless camp. They are bringing in bulldozers, etc. to "clean" out the little patch of trees, tents, etc. that the homeless have put up. The camera caught a couple of quilts just laying on the ground, dirty and wet, etc. So, I, personally would not want a quilt of mine to end up like that.
I was a member of a quilt guild a few years ago that we made made sleeping bags for the homeless and we used very heavy material , we cut up mens wool suits and overcoats in big squares and made heavy crazy quilts, folded then in half lengthwise and sewed it up on one side all the way to the top and the other side about two thirds. so they could get in them then we quilted it SITD and rolled them up and tied them with a mens tie cut in half, The cops were carrying them in their trunks and also gave a a bunch to the shelters. we also made small teddy bears by the garbage bag full for the cops to keep in their trunks for children that had to be taken or parents went to jail,etc, some we even sewed a pillow to the top and stuffed it with batting.They were much appreciated.cmaras1234