View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 10:51 AM
slbram17

Sometimes my enjoyment of sewing gets in the way of reality. I love making bedding for the animals in the local shelter. I started out making the beds that have the tube sewn around the top and is filled with stuffing. They work up fast and you can still be proud of them. The staff is always appreciative but then I have heard a couple of times since that the dogs tend to chew open the beds to get to the stuffing. And this can result in clogs in the laundry equipment. I now just sew two squares of fabric together, one being flannel, and the other cotton, that can be folded to make smaller or opened up to make larger as needed.
I think the same can go with any charity sewing. Maybe the simplest is better for the reality of the situation. But I know it can be hard to sew that way since I enjoy it so much.

Just my opinion. And to be honest, I have started donating cleaning and food supplies to the shelter, which is really a necessity. The shelter apparently had a respiratory issue that required destruction of the fabric items to prevent re-introduction of the virus.