View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 06:45 AM
NatalieF

some ideas for where to donate quilts.... homeless, shelters, cancer centers, special care homes, nursing homes (some people have no family or visitors), hospices, palliative care units, lap quilts are great for the wheelchair bound especially for long-term hospital stays, veterans units, you can make quick blankets/beds for animal shelters, Red Cross, emergency services, fidget quilts/mats are great for dementia/Alzheimer's patients, and I'm positive there are more...

You could also make simple stuffed toys for Red Cross and emergency services for frightened children in traumatic situations such as fires or accidents. I had made small simple stuffed toys called comfort dolls that are great for people in traumatic situations (such as children or survivors of abuse). They are made to fit in the hand and easily tucked into a pocket so the person can hold it when they need it.

If you have knit materials, you can also make chemo caps for cancer patients. I have a quick pattern I can share.

I'm positive you will find a great use for your talents and it will be appreciated by many.