Old 02-24-2016, 09:35 AM
Snooze2978

I watched their video as they were doing some of the specialty stitches so I would test stitch some of them too and check the back side to see what they look like. Also test out the embroidey unit to see if it works well. Also check out the thread cutters and all the various screens. If you don't have one of their programs to transfer the designs onto the floppies hopefully you have Embird which can also transfer the designs correctly onto the floppy. Having extra floppies would be a good idea as floppies will go bad from time to time.

I have a Designer 1 from 2000 and it still runs like a champ. Have issues with the thread cutters from time to time and the upper tension has troubles even though the repair shop supposedly corrected it but it started having issuses a week later. I found a "go around" to correcting the tension myself though.

Its a great machine and I most all my piecing and apparel sewing on it. I have another embroidery machine so never bother with the embroidery unit. Seems like you have extra stuff coming with this machine which may add to the price. Think one hoop is missing, the little 2 x 2 which I find is just a waste in my opinion anyway.....but thats just my opinion for what its worth.