Old 02-24-2016, 11:25 AM
Pennyhal

I have a machine that uses the floppy disks. I had to buy a special "box" to transfer designs from my computer to the floppy. When I got a new computer, I had to buy a second box because the first would not work with it. When I got my next new computer, I had to buy a third box from a different mfg because the mfg. that made the first two no longer supported the boxes I had.

My newest embroidery machine uses USB drives, so I can't use any of the boxes I previously purchased.

The point of this story is that technology changes. I would advise you to find a machine that uses a USP port instead of a floppy.

Further, if you really want this machine, I'd find out what kind of "box" it needs. If it comes with a "Magic Box," you need to know that you won't be able to use it with your computer because the mfg of it no longer supports it...meaning, you need a "key" from them to unlock the box and they won't give you one.

If it comes with an "Ultimate Box" you need to know if the software and instruction manual that comes with it is included with the machine. You also have to have a computer that has a USB port. That way, the computer can send a design to the box, the box can write to the floppy, and you can put the floppy in the embroidery machine.

If it doesn't come with a box, then you will also have to purchase one.