Old 02-26-2016, 01:25 PM
rryder

Amyjo-- you might be surprised how easy it was to build the table for my PQ1500s. I bought a set of 4 adjustable metal legs from Amazon.com (they actually came from Rockler--a woodworking company). Then I bought a 36" long by 16" wide 3/4" thick panel from Lowes. The legs came with screws for attaching to the panel. All I did was use my power drill with a screwdriver attachment on it to screw the legs into the panel. I didn't even have to drill pilot holes because the screws were self-tapping. It could be done with just a regular screw driver and some elbow grease. Then I adjusted the legs to the height I needed and used the little allen wrench that came with the legs to tighten them. The legs adjust in 1" increments, so I had to finesse the height of the machine a little but I did that by setting an old cutting board under the machine and an old spiral bound report under the machine's extension table. Voila, it was done, less than 1/2 hour. The tables on the left and behind the PQ1500s are just cheapo folding tables from Sam's club that also have adjustable legs.

What took so long was completely rearranging my sewing space and reorganizing my thread, fabric, batting and embellishment stashes.

Rob