View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 04:37 PM
Judith1005

Hi Lynn,

My definition of a UFO is something that is in some state of being started.

Ex. A Block of the Month that is sitting and waiting for me to add a setting to the blocks and maybe some borders. It was started about 5 years ago.

Ex. A Block of the Month that is sitting with only half of the blocks done. I didn't like one of the blocks, so, I just stopped making them. I'm not even sure I have all the fabric anymore. That's about 4 years old.

Oh, and there are plenty of others. I have passed on some practice pieces to charity that were just quilt tops. But, I hang on to others hoping I will live a very long life and eventually finish them.

Really, the biggest reason I wanted to comment is, you said you have projects sitting with pins in them. That's really bad for the fabric. And, if the pins come in any contact with moisture, your quilt tops could be ruined.

Is there any way you can hire someone to do the heavy lifting for you. I have on occasion been able to hire one of my son's friend's to do some work for me. My son would do it in a heart beat, but, he works a lot of hours and travels regularly for work. So, this compromise works out well for us.

Last edited by Judith1005; 02-26-2016 at 04:41 PM.