View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 02:37 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

I would definitely meet in a public place for the first time. You could meet in a park or a restaurant or even in the craft shop if there is room. After talking about forming the group, if there is interest, I would find out what day or evening would be best for those in your group. I would then invite them to your home if you feel comfortable with them. The first meeting I would try to get each person to tell a little about themselves and their quilting experience . If there seems to be interest and a group is formed, you might put a notice and the bulletin board of the craft shop you mentioned.You might check on the internet and see if there are ideas for setting up a quilting group. If you do find interest, I would ask the "quilter" with the most experience if they would like to share an easy technique or quilt idea. You might also ask each one to bring a small amount of fabric or an item used with making quilts. These could be placed in a small bag and each "new member" would swap these bags with another member. Each person could also bring their favorite snack item. Just a few ideas. Also, many sewing machines are portable and each one could bring their own if you intend on working on a project.
Originally Posted by Gerrycnx View Post
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. They are very useful!

I was thinking to organize a space in my hose for 3-4 persons just for start...as I do not think there will be many replies.
I am not sure if I can get to a public place for gathering...I don't even know if there are public spaces like that here . The idea was just starting small like friends than if it works and there is interest we can even rent a place all togheter. I cannot afford to offer for everyone and I am not thinking to make money from that.
Maybe I need one more big tavbe and a couple of cutting boards for starting...and maybe they have better ideas on how to do that.