Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 AM
laparshall

It sounds like everyone is looking forward to taking care of themselves. Everyone of us is worth making healthy choices in our lives. And we can all do something. I started out with such small steps at the end of last summer and I kept thinking that it wasn't going to do anything because I had so much weight to lose. But then I switched my thinking around to only positive thoughts and no more beating myself for being too fat. Only pats on the back, because a walk to the mailbox is a workout compared to sitting on the couch. So I started walking to the mailbox on the days I felt I could do it. (I have arthritis in my feet and the flare ups prevented me from moving a lot). But now I am walking around the block, and I have so much energy. One of the tools I use is Jonathan Roche's No Excuses Workouts. You can check out and use his motivational system without spending a dime. I signed up for and have been reading his encouraging e-mails for nearly one year now. This is a very gentle and simple way to motivate yourself to get started.
This is an excerpt from one of his emails:
Here is a sample 6 minute version of the NEWO: http://www.noexcusesworkouts.com/Articles.asp?ID=131

The 6-minute Low Impact No Excuses Workout that is done sitting in a chair (if you are completely new to strength training this is a great place to start):

http://www.bigtent.com/usr/files/270...es_Workout.doc

It is definately worth checking out. He also has a weekly blog talk radio call-in show if you were interested in hearing or talking with him.

I have lost 23 lbs since November. It has been coming off slowly, but the beauty of it is: it is coming off. My focus hasn't been on the scale so much as it has been on my energy level. The more energy, the more movement I am able to do.
Good luck to everyone, I hope you each find a way to keep yourselves motivated.
Linda