Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Charlee

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
You are welcome! I need all the support I can get... the bf isn't too pleased I want to lose weight... HE siad something about he likes me all nice and soft... He received a lecture on health and weight and how you don't say those things to a woman... My mom supports me...
Oh my! Watch for sabotage! Sometimes, our fellas like us bigger because they really DO love us, and know that other guys are less likely to want us at our higher weights. They don't even look at it that way...it's subconcious. It's also subconsious that they will bring home treats for us because they love us! They don't stop to consider what it does to our weight loss program....they just want to do something special for us, and they know we LOVE chocolate....or they want us to have a night off from cooking so they bring in a pizza....fully loaded, extra cheese, super sized!
We need to remember that they only do it because they love us, and because they're clueless. I put the chocolate in the dish over in the corner of a room that I don't hang out in and tend to forget it's there...when I DO remember and want some, I take one or two pieces. (Hershey kisses...they're about 25 calories each) When he brings home pizza....I eat a large salad first and then have one slice. He's happy...I'm happy...and it's not caused a row between us.
Ice cream is a little harder for me! But I found that if I use a small bowl, and use the ice cream scoop (1/2 cup) and use the smallest spoon in the drawer so I take tiny bites at a time (a baby spoon, actually) then I'm happy with just that one scoop!