View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Gramie bj

[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • Where are you from geographically? Do you live in a small town, suburbs, or a city? North Central Washington, 15 min. south of Canadian border, close to a very small town.
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua]What is your age/ gender/profession/ marital status? 66, female, Retired, married
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua]How long have you been quilting? Grandmother and mother began teaching me before I started school have been at it all my life
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua]How long have you engaged in online quilting communities and resources? And why did you first join? discovered them about 10 years ago. Joined for the knowledge I gained.
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua]What other means of communication do you use to stay in touch with others quilters and the quilting community at large? I belong to a guild, take quilting classes, an attend quilting retreats.
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua]Do you have access to in-person quilting communities and classes near you? Yes, well what do you consider near, I travel 100 miles one way to get to the closes guild, my closes retreat area in 85 miles I live in an area where you can say "you can"t get there from hear" and it is the truth.
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua]What have been the social benefits of being involved in an online quilting forum? Less travel, getting new ideas, connecting with more people who enjoy the same things I do.
  • Do you feel that your presence here has influenced the quality/artistry of your quilting? If so, how?Yes, have more exposure to new ideas, and technics.
  • Would you consider yourself very active in social media outside of quilting oriented sites? To what extent would you say that you are technologically savvy? NO I can do a search and find what I want . But no more than that.
  • How much time do you dedicate to quilting and crafting per week? Maybe 20 hrs.
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua]What is your opinion of computer generated quilting patterns and resources? I like them for the information. If I am working on a quilt I want a hard copy of the pattern so I can easily pick it up to check something, and not have to wait for my computer to wake up and find it again.
[/QUOTE]