View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 09:06 AM
QuiltnLady1

Sooo many questions
  • Where are you from geographically? Do you live in a small town, suburbs, or a city? Big City, Pacific Northwest
  • What is your age/ gender/profession/ marital status? Retires, female, married
  • How long have you been quilting? Started in the early 1970's stopped for a few years and started again in 2000
  • How long have you engaged in online quilting communities and resources? And why did you first join? Depends on the site -- I think I joined the first group in 2005 -- I wanted to exchange ideas with folks.
  • What other means of communication do you use to stay in touch with others quilters and the quilting community at large? I was a guild member for a while and DD quilts.
  • Do you have access to in-person quilting communities and classes near you? I took a couple of lessons in the early 2000, but mainly I bought a bunch of used books and learned techniques.
  • What have been the social benefits of being involved in an online quilting forum? Help and inspiration.
  • Do you feel that your presence here has influenced the quality/artistry of your quilting? If so, how? Definitely -- learn about new patterns and techniques
  • Would you consider yourself very active in social media outside of quilting oriented sites? To what extent would you say that you are technologically savvy? I am VERY technological -- the only "social media" site I belong to is Pinterest and may go there once a month.
  • How much time do you dedicate to quilting and crafting per week? 3 - 30+ hours (depends on what is happening in my life)
  • What is your opinion of computer generated quilting patterns and resources? Don't know which patterns are computer generated. I use EQ7 to design patterns, but I also use old fashioned graph paper and colored pencils.