Old 05-15-2016, 08:19 PM
Lookyloo

Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers View Post
This is the first quilt I made using Jeanne S.'s Five Easy Pieces pattern. The quilt is, indeed, easy to make -- it has fewer than a gazillion pieces for this twin size, and I love that. I went through my small stash and decided to get rid of the browns that I never use, and added pinks for a more feminine touch.

I cut the sashing pieces wrong, thus I had to add cornerstones to the sashing. My mistake. It looks okay, but it added more work, and Jeanne S.'s directions are much easier. I will learn to check the directions BEFORE cutting next time.

This quilt is now being used by a lady at the House of Hope in Gainesville, Florida. The House of Hope is a faith-based initiative, and, therefore, depends on community support. I "adopted" the House and decided to make quilts for as many of the ladies as my Bernina and APQS longarm can turn out. This pattern is wonderful and is helping me reach that goal. As each resident leaves the program, she takes her quilt with her, so there is a never-ending need for more quilts. I must keep piecing!
That is so beautiful!! I have 2 sets of browns picked out for this pattern but I may have to add pinks to one of them. I love, love, love how yours turned out.