View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 07:30 AM
paintmejudy

Default Week 4

Are you ready for the big finish? Well, almost finished – a nice border will finish it off, next Saturday. Let’s call this the big reveal.

From the rest of Fabric A, cut 4 squares that measure 4-1/2”. I was lucky enough to have enough leftovers to fussy cut my rose.

Take one Fabric A 4-1/2” square and 4 each of the 2 different units previously assemble, and assemble a 9-patch block. Pay attention to the layout. As you can see, I made a mistake on one of the A B E blocks and didn’t notice unit I was entirely done assembling the topper. I really need to take it apart and fix, it bugs me every time I look at the picture. Press, making a 12-1/2” square.

From Fabric F (or something else if you want to repeat a color from your blocks) cut 5 sashing strips that measure 1-1/4” or 1-1/2” wide, whichever you like the looks of. From two strip cut a piece that each measure 12-1/2” long. Sew 2 blocks to each side of the 12-1/2” sashing strip. Make 2 of these units. Sew one sashing strip onto one unit, then add the second unit to make a square. Add sashing strips to the top and bottom, press, add 2 strips to the sides. Press. At this point, theoretically your piece should measure between 26-1/2 “ or 27” square. Mine is 26-1/2. If yours is a bit different, no problem. It will all work out perfectly next week. Next week we will be making a lovely border to complete your topper or wall hanging, one I’d never done before, but love it and will do so again.

Does everybody like this? I hate to say it, but I really love the way this turned out. One of my favorites of all 13 mysteries.
Attached Thumbnails week-4-.jpg   week-4-b.jpg   week-4-c.jpg   week-4-d.jpg