View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 12:56 PM
K-Roll

I found this on newspapers.com (I am not a member for $140 per year!) but they had OCR text which I copied from the Cincinnati Enquirer Sunday edition March 21 1920 (the Ohio river was above flood stage apparently too):
"The A. Steinkamp & Co., 221-225 West Fifth SH The World's Best Sewing Machine Standard Rotary Exclusively Sold at Steinkamp s. This Week We Specialize a 4 'Drawer Automatic Drop-Head. Standard Rotary Sewing Machine New Model .... $695 On Terms: $5.00 Cash, Balance $1.00 Weekly. Our demonstrator will be very pleased to show you this new Model Standard Rotary Sewing Machine show you liow beautiful it sews and how easy it is to run. Come in and see this machine you 11[will] pronounce it the best sewing machine you have ever tried. Standard Rotary Sewing Machines cost more, both to build and to buy, than other machines, but they are worth far more than the difference to the buyer. Properly used they will last practically forever. The New Standard Rotary has undergone the most severe test that of time. More than thirty years a[g]o it was put on the market no other rotary shuttle machine can point to such a record. Steinkamp's Offer You This Wonderful Sewing Machine on an Easy, Charge Payment System. Why Not Have the Best Then?"