Old 05-30-2016, 06:29 AM
Honchey

Hi Everyone, There was a one day coupon, 60% off artists/premium fabric on this past Saturday...There are 3 JoAnn's in my area, 33 miles away , then 17 and 14 miles away ..So I had my choice of where to go..I opted for the one where the traveling was east & west..North & south would have been a nightmare with the "Bennies" traveling to the shore/beaches..That's the "nickname" we give to the people that don't live in the area of the "Shore" Anyway, I prefer to buy 1/4 yards not fat 1/4's because I will cut the remainder into strips small squares or hold onto the piece for future use...Although fat 1/4's would be very good for the MM blocks. 8.5" would give you 4 of them with little waste..
The Gypsy Wife has a lot of 1.5" strips of different lengths and after cutting the 17" f or the MM block I have 20+ inches of fabric for a couple of strips...Fabrics that I would like in both quilts I would get 1/3 yd, cut my 1.5"strip then the 17" for the MM block. The 3 blocks I posted will be a small lap the floral one I have just started will have the same fabric background.. the small one will have different natural backgrounds..Pieces I have on hand..have to use them up..

I check JoAnn emails every day..being I work sometimes at the Viking Gallery I'll call the girls up and they will be my personal shopper and get what I need for me.. I forward my coupons to them..and they send me a photo of what I want to make sure it's the right stuff... They have fun shopping for me...We do have to mingle with the customers and let them know about the Gallery...

Have a good day all...If I was 12 yrs old right now, I'd be marching in the Memorial Day Parade as a Girl Scout!