View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 03:12 AM
NJ Quilter

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Lowe's sells a vinyl plank called Smartcore - 100% waterproof which means if it gets wet, it does not swell, discolor, rot etc. Installation is click together, can be cut with a utility knife, but is solid enough that it will not show grout lines/texture if installed over tile or sheet vinyl.
We used it in a basement bath and plan to do the entire basement in it.
I am a barefoot gal, and love the feel of it underfoot, it has a woodgrain texture.
My sewing room is not downstairs, but I really like this flooring.
We installed the Home Depot version (Allure) of this product in our dining room. I love it. Don't know about the Lowe's brand, but the Allure brand has 2 grades. The higher grade/price option - which still isn't that bad - is 100% waterproof and has a lifetime warranty. Goes together just as QuiltingVagabond's did. I, too, love this flooring and will have to check out the Lowe's version as we're looking to install in the bedroom as well.

In my sewing room I have real hardwood flooring (that part of house is 200+ ys) but I also have an area rug under my cutting table for both comfort and noise reduction.

Will be doing the area rug in the DR if I can ever find one I like that I'm willing to spend the $$ for and also for bedroom when we do that room. We'll probably eventually do the LR with this vinyl plank flooring as well. Highly recommend it.