Old 06-23-2016, 03:58 AM
Bree123

Originally Posted by SueSew View Post
This is exactly my question! the deal seems to be that even to use a plain old straight-edge ruler, you have to move both quilt and ruler in unison or OOPS.

How can you do that? Do you tape the outside of the ruler to the quilt? The videos look nice, but they don't explain how the template ruler stays put!
The Westalee rulers have this tack thingy that is kind of like a giant earring (front & back, back clicks into place). It holds it on the one end with a rotating axis. You just put pressure on the other. It is a skill, no doubt, but somehow thousands of quilters around the world have managed to figure it out & are making beautiful quilts. I've seen them in use & keep going back and forth on whether to get one myself. Really lovely results, but I just wasn't sure I loved the motifs. BUT ... now they have come out with the Mini Fills collection & that is just really, really tempting. No marking quilts ahead of time??? Sign me up!

EDIT: I just watched a minifill video online & I guess it's only their Spin Sensations line with the clip in thingy.

Last edited by Bree123; 06-23-2016 at 04:07 AM.