Old 06-29-2016, 02:51 PM
littlebitoheaven

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I have no idea on quilting as I send mine out to be quilted all the time but wanted to compliment you on a beautiful quilt. Love your batiks. Would you share the name of the pattern?
Jordan! I don't know the name of this pattern. (It is similar to the one mentioned in Shelby's post. Here are some directions for what I did. Let me know if you need anything else or if something does not make sense.

The block finishes up at 9 inches. The black sashing/border is cut at 1 1/2 inches (finishes at 1 inch). Okay! Cut a 6 1/2 inch squares, sew them onto one of your black strips (one after the other), cut them apart, press to black and then cut black strips to match 6 1/2-inch squares. Then cut a 2 1/2-inch by 6 1/2-inch rectangle (or you may use 2 1/2 inch already cut strips cut into 6 1/2-inch rectangles of assorted colors). Now sew this piece (block-black strip-rectangle) onto another black strip. Next, cut 2 1/2-inch x 9 1/2-inch strip. Sew this to the black side of your piece. This is the 9 1/2-inch unfinished block. I put my blocks in rows on my design wall checking colors. I did 6 rows of 5 blocks. I did them all and then started sewing on the black sashing between the blocks. When all rows have sashing and blocks are sewn into rows, sew a black strip between each row, sew rows together. Now all you have to do is sew the black strips to top, bottom and each side. I have decided to do another border but it is not necessary.