Old 07-01-2016, 12:23 PM
sak658

I like to start one thing and finish it completely before I start another one, my mom was like that too...maybe growing up watching her piece quilts by hand and finishing them before starting on another taught me that procedure...but I'm very OCD and I contribute that to my madness...Also clean up sewing area before I start a new project..after I finish one...NOW I do have some tops that have not been quilted, but they were my Mom's and Sister's before they passed away...Still miss them both every day...but I'm so thankful that I found this Quilting Forum not long after the deaths of my Mom and Sister (both quilters) it helped me to be able to carry on with my quilting...it helped me to mourn...they are with me every stitch I make...gives me comfort...and peace...I will say I keep a list of which quilt comes next...usually for family members, they seem to not get enough of them.. they feed my hobby...LOL and I enjoy each and everyone I make for them...My 6 yr old great grandson has about 6 quilts already, and he can tell you each one I have made for him..Him and my 16 yr old grandson keeps tabs on how many each one has, seems to me they are in a race to see who can get the most...Grandson has one of the list right now...waiting...so I'm sure great-grandson will ask for one too....he is getting a little sister in Sept...so I can't wait to start some for her...