View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 02:36 PM
rryder

Like several others I use the Bionic Gear bag. It holds a lot in a fairly compact and very secure way when it is zipped shut. I love the way it opens up for ease of grabbing stuff. I keep mine loaded with all the stuff I use everyday. Right now it has all of the needles for all of my machines, enough medium and large quilting safety pins to baste a king sized quilt, my rotary cutters, scissors, marking tools (disappearing purple markers, white chaco chalk pen style dispenser, soap slivers, hera marker), an entire box of those clover clips, a box of flower head pins, a box of glass head pins, two different pin cushions with pins, a tape measure, my machingers (2 pairs), purple thang, seam ripper, tweezers (straight and bent tip), 3 screw drivers, a magnetic picker upper, a flashlight, oil for my machine, etc. Obviously when I go to a class I empty out a lot of that stuff and only take what I'll use in order to lighten the load.

It stays next to whichever machine I'm sewing on, whether in my studio or out traveling. Plus it's a lot of fun to make. It won't do you any good for this class, though because it takes a while to make. Just an idea to keep in mind for future classes.

I'd suggest that you use whatever you have on hand that can secure your supplies so they don't get lost when you are transporting them and also bring something that you can put them in that is fairly open and will keep them visible and easy to grab once you get there, but will help keep them from wandering away or falling off the table where you are working-- I used old checkbook boxes, or coffee mugs, etc. for that purpose before I made my bionic gear bag. If you need to take a cutting board or ironing surface and iron then a good sturdy tote bag is a handy thing to have as well.

Rob
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Last edited by rryder; 07-06-2016 at 02:47 PM.