View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 12:52 AM
ManiacQuilter2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cybrarian View Post
I looked on Amazon because I have been contemplating EQ also and have some questions: 1) What is EQ Design Wizard? An add on or baby version? Also when is EQ 8 expected? Do you get updates but must repurchase if a new version comes out, or can you get a full update at a lower cost? Sorry for the list of questions, but I know all of us looking at purchasing for the first time want to make as informed a decision as possible so thanks for the info from all of us potential buyers!
Design Wizard is now own by EQ and is not connected at all with EQ program, just a less expensive simpler version but I can only assume you get what you pay for.

Nothing has been officially announced for EQ8.

If you do currently own the version of EQ7, you can just buy the update for EQ8 when it comes out instead of the whole program. You are under NO obligation to update your program, just know eventually support will be discontinued.

I don't think they lower the selling price on previous versions. Usually when quilter's buy the newer version, they sell their older version on eBay or maybe pass it onto a friend.

You might keep an eye on QIAD. I think she occasional has EQ7 for sale around $149.

Hope this helps.