View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 12:54 PM
TeresaA

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
I haven't ordered batting from Marshall's, so can't help you there, but have you tried:http://www.heartbeatquilting.com/sho...8-x2058365.htm. They have excellent service and great prices, it's where I buy all my batting.
I really like them, but am a little afraid to order from them. I ordered one cone of thread once, wanted to try a sample before buying more. They stated a price for shipping on their web site that was truly reasonable for that cone of thread. When I received the product, the shipping was much higher. If I'm not mistaken, it about doubled the price of the cone of thread. I called them. They said they charge minimum shipping. I said they should say so on their web site. Apparently, somewhere on their web site, it said so, just not on the ordering page. They claimed the low quote was a Paypal glitch. They refunded me my shipping and were really nice about it and even asked me how they should approach alerting their customers about the glitch. I said, maybe if the shipping is higher than quoted, the customer should get a call or email BEFORE shipping the product, rather than a surprise when the product arrives. I don't have any reason not to believe them, but I haven't shopped there since.

They seem to have a good reputation in Spokane.

So I guess the moral of the story is make sure and call first and get a confirmation about shipping before ordering from them. Their Hobbs 80/20 is at a really good price, but I'll probably pick it up in person the next time I'm over there, rather than having it shipped ;-).