View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 07:03 AM
jclinganrey

Originally Posted by givio View Post
vovoa, no, not always gold, that was just an example. Use any color you want on the dark side, it's scrappy.

Jane, I loved being in your 30's and batiks D4P swaps, along with your Jacob's Ladder swap (Bonnie Hunter Floribunda). I was thinking of joining this one, but I don't have many lights in my stash. But
your post picturing the blocks you've made looks like you are using 'mediums' for the 'light' side of the block. For example, your blocks with green both look like they have a 'medium' green-- but the one block uses the 'medium' green for the 'light' side, while the other block uses it for the 'dark' side. Does the light side just need to be lighter than the dark side-- that's all? If that's the case, maybe I'll join next month! :-) Let me know.

A couple of the blocks I made may be a bit of a stretch. If the group ((and I wouldn't be offended in the least)) feels some of the blocks are not light enough - not enough dark/light contrast - I will keep them for myself. No problem.

I was using this as a reference.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555594[/ATTACH]

Even in the quilt above, IMHO, I think the block in the top left corner doesn't have enough light/dark contrast.

Whatever the group wants to do is fine with me.

Let me know and we will make a collective decision.
Attached Thumbnails scrappy-hunter-star-quilt1.jpg