Old 08-15-2016, 09:12 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mac View Post
I have a special table that fits my Bernina so that I can have that set up all of the time. Unfortunately, that table won't fit the 6600. I haven't broken it to my Bernina that she has been replaced. I'll have to do it gently, as she has been my work horse for the last 25 years.

I do remember that someone on the board, had their husband cut into a regular table and he added a box under the table so that their machine could set inside the box and she would have a flat surface to sew on. It think that is a good idea. I just happen to have a small wooden table that might be perfect for that. It would even give me a bigger surface to sew on.

I'll just have to get my thinking cap on...
You can soften the blow for your Bernina, by telling her that she deserves to enter into semi-retirement, and will always be your first love! ♥

Maybe you can convert your Bernina table by cutting the hole accordingly?
Did you get the clear plastic extension table for the Janome?
If so great, if not you might want to get one. Take the legs off, and let it sit on top of whatever table you end up using. That way, if the insert hole is not quite right sized, this will give the perfect fit.

Having your machine in and not on a table, will only make you love her more. Sorry Bernina!