View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 06:34 AM
ladyinpurple135

IMHO every quilt in every show - large or small - should have the name of the pattern, designer, who made the top and who quilted it. If the quilter found it in a magazine, then say so. If it was made from a pattern, then recognize the company name/name of designer. If the quilt was quilted by the top maker, say so; if it was quilted by someone else then name them. Unless the quilter absolutely started from her/his personal design, all people should be given credit. To me it's the only fair way. I cringe when I see the info cards that do not include such info - which may lead me or others to "assume" that the person's name in th card did everything. Come I people, even if it's a small local show be reasonable. Plus it helps viewers know where the pattern came from and who quilted it should they be interested in locating the pattern or use the quilter's services.

I hope you all don't think I'm being too stringent about this - just think about all this info and how it can really help. I also think this info should be on the quilt label, too. How often do we wish we knew the name and location of a quilter on an old quilt. Thanks for letting me write about something I believe in.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC