View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 05:11 AM
Geri B

Default Went to "see" a movie...

...yesterday...early show - 4pm. The movie - BenHur. This was at a multi screen facility....I know it has a name to describe that, but can't think of it right now...but you know what I mean.......anyway, don't go to theater often, nothing interests me enough to do, but thought this might be a good reason. We (dd and I) were the only ones in that viewing area...and the seats were sort of adjustable, so comfy. I felt like I was in my own private (extra large) media room....after a gazilion commercials, the movie began! Lloud, had to put a bit of Kleenex in each ear.....the 3D effect was not that impressive. The camera work in some of the scenes was so close you couldn't really figure out what was going on...usually in the "action" scenes, and some of the scenes were so wobbly it almost made me dizzy...like the camera was handheld.....and not steadily...the story was a bit choppy, but I did enjoy the scenes with Morgan Freeman...such a good actor with a great voice...I did not recognize any of the others..shows you I've been under a bushel for a long time! All in all, not my greatest 2 hrs......I know I have the "original" BenHur here at home, will find it and watch that version.......just thought I'd share the experience.