View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 03:35 AM
candlesewer

I spent months cleaning out my Mom's house, she moved into assisted living and it was hard, went through all kinds of emotions. At first wanted to get rid of everything I had, stopped sewing, stopped enjoying life really. My DH pointed out I am still very much here and healthy and I need to enjoy what I love to do so I started sewing again and I used to wonder what will happen to my stuff but in reality I have little control over that. I told my husband to go to a sewing store and find a young person who is excited about sewing and offer them a sewing machine if I go first. I wish there was a group or way to donate to a young person who is starting out with that passion for sewing who would appreciate having our things but not sure how to make that work. I think this is a good topic to discuss and think about but having just come out of a small depression over it, not let it change the way we are now. When I sew on my Singer 201, I wonder who used to own it and what they made and feel honored to own it and hope someday someone else enjoys using it. Thank you for posting this as I think it is a great topic for ideas of how to leave things to people who would appreciate them.