View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 05:46 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
The thread is brand new so that is not it, the eye of the needle is large enough I'm using 50 weight thread. The thing is that I've been using the same thread since I got my machine (the Q'nique BTW ) and this just started I've changed threads and it just got worse. This is why I posted the question, wondering what anyone else was using. Am thinking of ordering some Aurifil to see if it makes it better. Also did try the other trouble shooting suggestions.
OK, a couple of things I look for when this happens...
1) I unthread the machine, and grab a good length of dental floss (yes, DENTAL FLOSS) and use it to clean between the top tension disks.
2) change the needle - sometimes a needle will get a burr that we can't see (but you can feel it sometimes).
3) clean the bobbin case Extra good. Look at Jamie Wallen's YouTube video on thread tension. One of the things he does is slip a large pin thru the thread path of the bobbin case. (It's a LOT easier to understand by watching the video)
4) check your upper thread path. Get a length of some finer thread (silk works great if you have it) and use that length of thread much like you would dental floss in your teeth. You should not feel any snag/drag on the thread anywhere in the usual path.

Since you say you changed threads and it just got worse, I'm pretty sure there's something snagging somewhere along the path of the thread.

Sometimes you just need to walk away for a day or so, too, so you're not stressing yourself into making things worse.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-16-2018 at 11:49 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps