View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 12:32 PM
nanna-up-north

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Has your niece seen it yet? I predict she will be simply overwhelmed at how many details you put into this. From the couple silhouetted on the bridge to the great detail of putting the padlocks in the corners. I read that Paris recently cut a bunch of those padlocks off because the weight of them was causing undue deterioration on the bridge.
Thanks, feline. No, my niece has not seen it yet. I'm keeping it a secret till she opens it. She knows it's Paris themed but that's all. Her mom, my sister, has seen it and approves. The couple plans on opening my gift the night before the wedding. They won't open gifts at the reception but I have to get a picture of my niece when she sees it. I hope she won't be disappointed. You mentioned all the details. I researched the moon phase to make sure I got the right one on the quilt. The moon phase that day was a waning crescent, probably not visible at that time of day but, oh well.

The locks in the corners are duplicates from the lock they put on one of the Paris bridges. I understand that they have to remove locks all the time and replace fence sections but the weight of it all probably helps to refinance the costs.

And, thanks everyone. I do appreciate all the kind words.