View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 06:00 PM
ube quilting
Power Poster

I have a Hawaiian Green "Lucky" Ti plant that is close to 25 years old. It is one of those dead looking sticks in a plastic bag, you buy at K-Mart or garden shops. You shove the stick in some soil and wait. My DM gave me the stick. This plant is so beautiful and when you handle the leaves it smells divine. It looks kind of like a tall grass, about 2'. This is my favorite house plant, she is very neat and tidy and is a very sweet reminder of my mom.

I also have two Jade plants that were left in the house when I bought it so they are about 18yrs old now. They were about 5" tall when I took over being responsile for them and are now over
2.5' tall. They are sappy and drop the sticky stuff all around the area they live in.

A Mother of thousands which I got by taking some plantlets off one growing in a street pot. They have a beautiful bloom, dusty rose color.

Several Christmas cactus in different colors.

Former owners also left a couple of small cactus (which are not my favorites) and they are about 3' tall now. DH loves them, I don't. House plants shouldn't be hurtie.

Violets on window sills along with miniature roses.

I love my Snake plant or Sansevieria as it is known.

Well this was fun. Taking inventory on my house plants. More than I thought.

peace