View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 11:53 PM
Jim

I have always had many many houseplants...my wife and I, love flowers, inside and out. Before we had kids in the 5 yrs after we first married(42+ yrs ago) we had over 200 African violets but with kids came more responsibility and lots less plants. We have always and always will have lots of them...My oldest plant now is a Drunkards dream cactus...not like a prickly cactus, more like a succulent that thrives on being ignored...it's often referred to as a bottle cactus because the branches resemble bottles. I got it from my eldest sister 45 yrs ago and it's done nothing but thrive...from a tiny 2 inch piece to pots and pots of flowing beautiful plants( it's esp dear to me more than ever now sine my sister passed away[at age 62] from early onset Alzheimer's, just 5 months after Mom passed from the same dreaded disease)...the assortment of indoor plants are too many to list as are the flowers in the 21 beds we have outside...Last year...6 weeks after having a heart attack we participated in the area's Home and garden tour, which was a real treat. Having well over 300 people walk through and enjoy our gardens.....I esp love roses daylilies, hostas but have 100's of all kinds

Last edited by Jim; 09-01-2016 at 12:00 AM.