Old 09-18-2016, 08:27 AM
Ellen 1

Default Your Cathedral Window

Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
I've started working on a cathedral window (CW) quilt and was asked to do a tutorial on making it. So, here it is! ............(more)..........
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!! What a great tutorial. Love the very clear pictures to make the process clear.

Now for my questions:

1. Several years ago you posted the start of a batik CW (I think this is the one or you have used a similar color for this one. At the time, you said you would post again when it was finished. Did you ever post the completed quilt??? If so I missed it and wonder if you have photos you could re-post?

2. I wonder if you ever heard/saw Shelley Swanland's book, Machine-Stitched Cathedral Windows? It is a great technique to piece the "windows" along with the background in one process. However, your tutorial is so much easier to understand. Especially for the beginner quilter. I saw her demonstrate this on Simply Quilts, but had I not seen it done I would not have gotten the hang of it via the book.

3. I have never seen a CW with a border and binding before. Is the some new trend? Or have I only seen unfinished quilts??? (I made one block in 1972 by hand and said, "no way" can I make a full bed size quilt with this pattern, even though I coveted it)!!

Because I am posting on page 43, I hope you are still following up on questions. I have enjoyed reading your responses.

Thank you.

Ellen

Last edited by Ellen 1; 09-18-2016 at 08:37 AM.