View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:16 AM
Beachbaby12

My job that I loved was eliminated due to budget cuts, and ironically I got the best appraisal evaluation ever. But like my boss said, it was strictly due to budget cuts - I went out in a blaze of glory and am proud of my work! So, being I am old enough to retire, I'm newly retired and adjusting in so many ways. My husband is already retired, been busy recovering from foot problems and helping my husband with his health issues. Now as far as quilting and projects, I don't have a set schedule so far. I do my foot exercises every morning and walk at least 20-30 minutes a day, except on Tuesdays I don't walk and go to tap classes. I am getting a lot of stuff done at home that I wasn't able to do when I worked full time: cleaning out closets, bringing stuff to Goodwill for donations, and, of course, the every day responsibility of paying bills, chores, errands, etc. My husband enjoys going to quilt shops with me, he likes to go for the drive, so that is fun. I would like to finish a quilt I started and try to quilt more. People retired tell me it takes a while to relax and adjust, so I guess I'm trying to take it one day at a time.