View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 02:45 PM
Sleepy Hollow

I don't sew/quilt every day yet, but I'm getting close. I work full-time, but actually get my best time in on my night shifts (there for rounds and emergencies, but have a lot of down-time). I actually keep my sewing machine at work! Eventually I'll get a sewing room set up at home, but it's a little ways off.

I've been keeping a baby quilt on a lap hoop, and have a bag that it fits in (along with the thread, thimble, scissors, and needles). I can carry that bag all over, so it's easy to pull out at home or work when I have some time. I will be hand piecing some larger quilts soon, so will set up another bag with the needed items (possibly a bag made from a book, since it just needs to be small and the hard sides of the book will keep things from getting crushed/wrinkled).

I've also started to crochet, and that's really easy to carry everywhere!

Last night at work I really wasn't feeling well, so I decided there was no point in sewing because I'd make too many mistakes. But, I realized I could still pin the apron I'm making to get it ready to sew tonight. Good thing I did, I found I was missing one piece! I've got the fabric, so I'll cut that out first thing tonight and get ready to put it all together.