View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default Moving, clearing out and the Homeless.

We are still in the process of clearing out our home with this move. I decided to really get rid of stuff and that included going through everything. I had extra blankets, sheets, towels and clothes so I drove over to St. Louis to an area that has so many homeless people. There is a minister who has the only shelter for the homeless in the city limits, the neighbors are trying hard to shut him down. As I emptied my bags of items out of the car, men started coming up to me asking for shirts and blankets and a towel. I have never met such a group of polite kind men in years. They asked if I had shirts so I dug through the bags and handed out shirts. One asked for a blanket and I found him one and another asked for a towel. Each time they asked, I was called Ma'am and thanked. I was so moved that I decided my charity this winter will be the homeless. I will buy coats and shoes and blankets at the thrift stores and head there to hand them out. Even though there were about one dozen men, everyone was polite. I am not so naïve to believe this will always happen, but I will try anyway. I do hope this post goes through.