View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 05:39 AM
ania755

Wink

Originally Posted by goatquilter View Post
Ania it was an anniversary gift 30 yrs!! I do love it I had a Brother quilter/sewing machine for years and loved it. I got a great deal on this one at a AQS quilt show. My local dealer is hour and half away. Makes for a long day if I go there for a class. the dealer I bought it from is 2 hrs away. Will take me a while to learn all it can do. Thought I would play with it during the winter more than summer Goats on farm keep me pretty busy
i have no dealer at all.....or three hours drive from the Janome dealer....Brother dealer is no closer and they don,t carry the expensive machines in here (I am on a cactus mountain in mexico...very isolated from other quilters)
....I had found my best friend quilter here in this site years ago...and she has been guiding me and teaching me a lot......she also sent me internet sites and links that were very helpful...and she does,t even own a Janome...she has an Eco Bernini among other machines....irs similar to my Janome350....
I had even learnt in here how to enlarge a quilt......and I am so glad I did it since I made it for my mom (I posted it then..and people loved it..with pink roses ) and she had passed away and my beds are higher.....Now its in use again.......I never though it is possible ( to actually enlarge a quilt after its done....)
my point is that this is the right place to be and to ask questions.....people in here are usually very friendly and willing to help.......I stop posting pics since I switched to Mac...
the machine you have is awesome....it used to be my dream....I am very glad you have it..since like me, being far away from the quilters civilization....a good machine is a must.... ENJOY for many years to come and don,t stop posting...............Give my regards to the goats......