View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 01:04 PM
mollymunchkin

I love to piece. I participate in the boomerang swaps because I love to play with the colors and match patterns to fabrics. I own a simple Viking Saphire that does a great job and until last year, I quilted everything on it from baby to King size. I often ended up with a few small puckers on the back, but, as I only quilt for people I love, no one has ever said a word about them, except to oooh and aaahh over them. For Christmas last year, my DH rented time for me on the long arm at my LQS. The owner gave me a lesson on how to use it and off I went. I have quilted 4 large quilts with free motion that can best be described as the result of giving a toddler a marker. Perhaps that is a bit of an exaggeration and I get better with each one. The owners of the quilts haven't complained, so I'm good. The point of this rambling....do what you love. As Mother Theresa said, "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." Not that quilting is a "small thing", but you get the idea. Quilt On!