Thread: Craft shows
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 03:43 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I have a table at my church's Holiday Fair, except last year I didn't go because I'd had my shoulder replaced, so couldn't sew much at all then. This year I'm making up for lost time. I make placemats, table toppers, table runners, wall hangings, mostly Snowmen patterns as I love making them, but others as well. i also make quilted hand bags and totes, and this year I've added children's pillow cases, and reversible head bands. I did go to their Strawberry Festival in June this year and did OK, but the traffic was light. However, I mostly do it because I need to have something to do, besides the quilts I make for family, and despite his objections, I managed to bring half of my stash with me when we downsided to a 2-bedroom apt. My quilting keeps me reasonably sane; but the main reason I do the church's craft fair is that i get to spend the day with friends and make some "mad money" too. I used to do 2-4 craft fairs with my sister until her health declined and she couldn't do them any more. I know this is a long answer, however, try one or two and see if you like them or not, and then decide if you want to do more.