Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 06:36 AM
laparshall

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
. . .my will power is weak when eating out. BUT the good news is I only gained 1 pound this time! Now, I have the next 10 days off, 5 of which will be a road trip with eating out every day. I will need more will power! Send some my way. . .
Quilting Grannie: It is tough to eat out at resturants. The first thing I did was to stop going to fast food restaurants with the exception of Wendy's and there I order a salad.
When I am out, I ask for things to be made to suit my weight loss needs. Dressings on the side (low fat). Extra lettuce on any type of sandwich I order. I try to order wraps instead of regular sandwiches or burgars. I also ask for the sauce and dressing on the side and then I use it for dipping. Leave the croutons off the salad (I hated that at first). I only get soups the are made with broth, nothing creamy. Instead of fries or chips, I substitute the vegetable of the day. It takes some getting used to, but the results will start showing up in no time at all. Oh yeah another big one that everybody hates. I only order water when I am out. And I make myself drink it all. Good luck with the changes you are making.
Linda