View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 05:57 AM
Louise Houghtaling

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
I'm having a party.....a pity party and your all invited,....to help cheer me up. I found out this week that I will have to have reconstructive foot surgery on Monday Nov 14th. I will then be NON weight bearing for 6-8 weeks!!!!!! Then on a boot / cast for 6-8 weeks after that! so glad I enjoy handwork huh???

What's bad, is I had this same surgery in Feb of this year, but after 9 months the bones have only fused 25%! So this time, I have to have 3 bigger screws put in, he will then draw bone marrow from my hip and make a 'joint compound' (if you will) and put it between the joints to help them fuse. Please join me in prayer that this time it will fuse together as it's supposed to. Thank you.

Wow! The hard part is that you are enduring all of this. It sounds grueling. The wonderful part is that we live in a time when this is even possible. Remember how futuristic the Bionic Woman was, back in the day? Now we have her right here on our board! I wish you success and pray for your speedy recovery. Now, if someone asks if you have a screw loose, you can say, "Hmmm....I don't know!"