View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 04:43 AM
mermaid

What you refer to is the PE Design version 4 software...which possibly came with the Bro ULT Pacesetter2001, or 2002. I'm not sure, but I think it also came with the Babylock's "E" machines...I have the Ellageo which came out about 2000. I know I have the ULT 2002 that came with the v4 software, and the ULT 2003 which was updated to include the version 5 software. The difference in the software is the reader--5 is connected via USB port, while version 4 has to connect to a parallel and serial port on computer. I'm referring to the card reader that comes w/the software.
If the Bro is the ULT, that would be my choice--they are wonderful machines, tho they only embroider by card or floppy disk--which is no prob for me. I LOVE my machines and they are work horses. The ULT has a large touch screen and very easy to operate. If you discover your mom has a ULT and you want more info, p.m. me and I'll get you started. All my machines are still chugging along and I wouldn't swap one of them for the latest model . The Husq Designer 1 may create some problems re the software and the later computers. Which, BTW, the PE Design software v4 or v5 must have 32 bit processor (computer, and v5 works in Win2000 up to Windows 7 ULT 32 bit. I've lost my security dongle for the ver. 4, but my computers no longer have parallel port anyway...the USB is acceptable.