Thread: Old National..
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 07:15 PM
bwirth1999

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
The wire belt is made to drive the winder -that is how National did it with the electric friction drive motors. That should be shown in the manual.

At least there are a lot of National made machines out there, so finding a treadle cabinet shouldn't be too hard. If you go that route, the treadle belt will also drive the bobbin winder, instead of the wire belt.

BTW - does the manual say what the initials stand for (it may on the back side)? yours appears to be a later made electric version of the IEB. I collect manuals and have not encountered one with those initials on it before, so I'm very curious.
I haven't found mention of the initials meaning anywhere in the book. Through my own small amount of research it seems to be something to do with the electric motors AND the sewing machines. I say AND, because every other things I have found with the E.B.H. has a booklet which shows the motor and sewing machine integrated, but many times the sewing machine in the book is slightly different than the actual physical machine. So I am assuming it's maybe an aftermarket booklet which covers a general range of a specific brand of machine. Not sure that made sense to you all, but that's my own interpretation anyway.

On another note. I picked up a 1948 Singer 66 in really nice condition. Have to say I am confused by the bobbins though. The one in the machine is from what I can see is a domed top and bottom, no holes.. But every bobbin I can find online for the 66 has holes... Is that an issue or is it just a visual thing?