Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Dingle

Originally Posted by Pinkrose4664
Well, I had this happen to me Saturday as a matter of fact. Helped throw a surprise BD party and I made the gift, quilt. I posted the picture here last week, it was a tube block quilt and got lots of praise for it here. The other 2 girls love it too. But the BD girl looked so disappointed when she opened it. One of the other ladies got kind of offended and said that if BD girl didn't want it, she would take it and the BD girl (kidding I guess) said she could have it.

I agree, once a quilt is given, it is no longer mine. I can bet that that quilt will not be displayed anywhere in her home LOL

I just looked at the quilt you made for the BD girl. How anyone could be dissapointed in getting that is beyond me. I'm going to try my hand at the tube quilting. If I would receive a quilt that nice looking you bet your butt I would be showing that off to everyone. I wouldn't even care if the colors didn't match anything I have in my home. That is one beautiful quilt. You did a GREAT job!
I would not say a word if it were me and at least act very happy with it because I know how much work went into it.